Vermilion Parish Virtual Academy
Virtual Vermilion is a free, local option to the traditional public school.
- Students access standards-based courses delivered by highly-qualified/certified instructors through an online format that is closely aligned to the district's scope and sequence for each course.
- Students work at their own pace through various online learning activities following the Edgenuity assignment calendar.
- Courses are able to be completed anytime/anywhere and are progress-monitored through assignments, quizzes, tests, exams and the Edgenuity assignment calendar.
- Students have daily access to local certified teachers for one-on-one tutoring.
Why Choose Us?
- Free, local, individualized, face-to-face student tutoring/support
- Provide accommodations for unique learning styles, including Special Education services
- Dedicated, certified teachers
- EOC, ACT, and Standardized Test Prep
- University & Career Pathways
- Multiple attempts at lesson mastery
- Virtual students are an integral part of the Vermilion Parish Public School System, and therefore, can participate in extra-curricular (clubs/organizations, dances/prom) & LHSAA sports activities offered by their base school
- Weekly progress reports automatically emailed to parents
What Makes Us Unique?
- Self-paced courses
- Flexible learning environment
- Flexible learning schedule
Students may have the opportunity to complete all Carnegie unit courses online through Edgenuity, a virtual learning platform that meets all required academic standards. All courses and attendance requirements will be met as outlined by the Vermilion Parish School Board. Students have the opportunity to complete over 90% of all coursework from home.
Students have the opportunity to complete Carnegie unit coursework through a combination of traditional and virtual courses. Students will work closely with the guidance counselors to create a schedule that ensures graduation requirements are met.
Please call for an appointment
Dr. Tina Chargois
Virtual Vermilion is a learning environment that is custom-tailored to fit the needs of the individual student at no cost to parents.
- Lectures Practice &/or Assignments
- Virtual lab activities
- Online quizzes and tests
- Weekly interactive/hands-on group activities
All 6-12 grade children of Vermilion Parish (including home-schooled students) are eligible for the Vermilion Parish Virtual Academy. Students interested in the academy should possess the following traits:
- A desire to learn independently
- Good time management skills
- A preference for anytime/anywhere learning versus the traditional classroom
- Basic computer skills
- Daily access to reliable internet service from home
When can students enroll?
Students are enrolled at the beginning of each 9 weeks grading period.